On Jan 28, 2008 1:56 PM, Bertrand Presles <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I know that I can do it using my client... But I want it to be DEFAULT for
> all users. Because I don't want to have to rename these folders one by one
> each time I create an account, I'd like it to be automatic.
> In a nutshell, using the client is not a satisfactory solution.

You create any folders named anything you want on the server using
maildirmake, how the client chooses to use them is entirely decided by the
client. You can create a folder called Template, trash, anyting you want,
and the client could decide to use the folder called Trash as the location
for Drafts, and use the folder called Template as the folder to store sent
mail in, because that is 1000% under the control of nothing else other than
the client.

The exception to that is trash, which the server will control if you do an
imap delete, and have it configured to store deleted mails in trash, it will
copy the deleted item into the trash folder for you.

> Is that ever possible?

If you script the client installation to suit your requirements, then yes.

> > > Also I'd like to have other folders created at maildir creation
> > > automatically. I also would like to not have the "Templates" folder
> > > created automatically.
> >
> > See the documentation for your mail client.
>
> Same comment as above. I want to find an automatic solution.

Find whatever script you use to create the "templates" folder with, and
remove that offending line from the script. It will be a command such as
maildirmake Template

On the otherhand, if your script isn't creating that folder, then it is most
likely that your client is creating it when it doesn't find it, in which
case you need to script your client in a manner to disable that.

> > > Is that possible? if yes, how? Maybe by modifying the source code
> directly?
> >
> > Nope. You will spend the rest of your life searching for the source code
> in
> > Courier that creates the "Templates" folder.
> >

> Is it really that hard to find where it's created in the source code?

Its not created by courier at all, so you won't find it in the code.

HTH,

 -Enda.