Mark Constable writes:

From what I understand about SPF, this example should have been
delivered to our mailserver but was rejected. Perhaps someone here
can pick up on why it wasn't...

 Aug 18 09:56:22 mail courieresmtpd: error,relay=::ffff:203.17.154.25,
 from=<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>: 517 SPF softfail [EMAIL PROTECTED]:
 Address does not pass the Sender Policy Framework

 Received-SPF: none (Address does not pass the Sender Policy Framework)
  SPF=HELO;
  sender=m0.velocity.net.au;
  remoteip=::ffff:203.17.154.25;
  remotehost=mail.velocitynet.com.au;
  helo=m0.velocity.net.au;
  receiver=mail.spiderweb.com.au;
 Received-SPF: neutral (Address does not pass the Sender Policy Framework)
  SPF=MAILFROM;
  [EMAIL PROTECTED];
  remoteip=::ffff:203.17.154.25;
  remotehost=mail.velocitynet.com.au;
  helo=m0.velocity.net.au;
  receiver=mail.spiderweb.com.au;

 # dig +short a m0.velocity.net.au.
 203.17.154.25
 # dig +short a mail.velocitynet.com.au.
 203.17.154.25

 # dig +short txt velocity.net.au.
 "v=spf1 a mx include:velocitynet.com.au ~all"
 # dig +short txt velocitynet.com.au.
 "v=spf1 mx ip4:203.17.154.25 a:server.kgroup.com.au ~all"

 # grep SPF /etc/courier/bofh
 opt BOFHSPFHELO=pass,unknown,error,none,neutral
 opt BOFHSPFMAILFROM=pass,unknown,error,none,neutral
 opt BOFHSPFFROM=pass,unknown,error,none,neutral,mailfromok
 opt BOFHSPFTRUSTME=1

To me, regardless of whether velocity.net.au or velocitynet.com.au is
the sending domain, the sending domains txt record should cover it. Is
it possible that courier is not respecting the include ?

Or, can anyone see why this isn't working ?

Because it's the From: address that fails it:

jakeman.com.au.         3568    IN      TXT     "v=spf1 a ~all"

jakeman.com.au.         3550    IN      A       203.129.33.155