On 2008-08-24, Alessandro Vesely wrote:
> > In other words, the absolute bottom line is that, if I want to accept
> > messages that are aliased or forwarded from other hosts that do not
> > use SRS or rewrite the From_ header, but do use an SPF TXT record,
> > that I have to disable SPF checking?
>
> Yes, at least for that specific host (or backup MX).

Thanks for clarifying that. Are you sure "or backup MX" also applies,
because a backup MX does not have local delivery so aliases and forwards
won't get expanded until the message hits the target host ?

So is there a way to disable SPF checking for a specific host ?

This could be a reasonable compromise as I could disable SPF checking
for current and important users, that end up forwarding emails to our
servers from other hosts, but let our staff know there is a new policy
in place that we can no longer accept forwarded addresses from other
ISPs. Then I could look into the simplest way to rewrite ~400 .courier
files that forward from our server to other ISP servers and retain our
usage of both advertising our SPF record(s) and also checking for SPF.

--markc