# from brian d foy
# on Tuesday 05 January 2010 02:27:

>> Yikes.  How about we move away from text files and towards
>> structured data like JSON.
>
>When JSON is core that would be great. I'd love the data to be in all
>sorts of formats, but the fresh Perl install needs to work too.

Yeah but JSON has pink unicorns so there.

There's nothing wrong with tsv files.

One or more formats of reports or extractions from the data should be
able to be generated.  Currently, you get the one format and generate
your preferred thing locally.  That's fine but you can't get updates --
for that you need a rowid or something.

--Eric
--
"It is a mistake to allow any mechanical object to realize that you are
in a hurry."