On Sat, Mar 16, 2024 at 06:22:13PM -0700, Russ Allbery wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I wanted to provide some advance notice that I plan to increase the
> minimum Perl dependency for podlators (Pod::Man and Pod::Text) to 5.12
> from 5.10 in the next release.

Perl 5.10 is still used on solaris 11, which is still used.  Not
necessarily a showstopper, though, as on such a platform with old
packages it would make more sense to install older podlators modules
versions.

As a side note, I don't know if there is such information gathered by
perl core people, but a place to see which perl versions are in use,
although it may miss some platforms and show discontinued distributions
(Centos 6 for instance) is here:
https://repology.org/project/perl/versions

--
Pat