Patrice Dumas <pertu...@free.fr> writes:

> Perl 5.10 is still used on solaris 11, which is still used.  Not
> necessarily a showstopper, though, as on such a platform with old
> packages it would make more sense to install older podlators modules
> versions.

Thank you for this warning!  I hadn't realized there was an OS that
shipped a Perl this old that was still supported.

I don't think this is enough to change my plans given the decision to
advance the minimum version of Perl expected for toolchain packages, but
I'm glad to know about it so that I can keep an eye out for any issues.

> As a side note, I don't know if there is such information gathered by
> perl core people, but a place to see which perl versions are in use,
> although it may miss some platforms and show discontinued distributions
> (Centos 6 for instance) is here:
> https://repology.org/project/perl/versions

Thank you!  This is very useful.

--
#!/usr/bin/perl -- Russ Allbery, Just Another Perl Hacker
$^=q;@!>~|{>krw>yn{u<$$<[~||<Juukn{=,<S~|}<Jwx}qn{<Yn{u<Qjltn{ > 0gFzD gD,