Hello,

Can somebody tell me if the following statements are correct. Thank you very much.

       According with the DSSVS User's Guide document that can be find on
http://csrc.nist.gov/cryptval/ under SHA-1 topic,
       for Type III testing (Pseudorandomly Generated Messages) the appendix E
provides a procedure.

       In the procedure j can go from 0 to 99, "i" is a 32 bit word, the size of the
seed is 416 bits, and the result of an
       SHA processing has a size of 160 bits.

       Based on that the size of M that is passed to SHA for processing will be as
follow.
       416 + 0 + 24 + 32 = 472 bits
       160 + 0 + 24 + 32 = 216 bits
       Then as j increments the size of M will increment with a byte length up to 408
bits.

       That means that after padding only for the M = 472 bits will have two blocks of
512 bits, and for the M =
       216 .... 408 bits will have just one block of 512 bits.

Is may understanding correct or I am missing something, because I really have the
feeling that I missed something.
Again, thank you very much for any advice.

Marius Corbu.