Chris Kuethe wrote:
On Wed, Aug 6, 2008 at 8:23 AM, Peter Saint-Andre <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Wells Fargo is requiring their online banking customers to provide answers
to security questions such as these:

***
***

It strikes me that the answers to many of these questions might be public
information or subject to social engineering attacks...

Lie.

I don't actually give the real answers to those questions for just
that reason. Make up some plausible and memorable words (maybe using a
tool like "yould"), and pick your mother a new random name from the
phone book.

Oh, I know we're smart enough to do that, but I doubt that your typical Facebook user will realize that their high school and best friend's first name (etc.) are public information.

Peter