On 6/01/13 09:48 AM, Ryan Sleevi wrote:

  Perhaps it's this kind of thinking that leads to failed audits :)

It will, it does, and the information is readily available from the

https://www.cabforum.org/Baseline_Requirements_V1_1.pdf Sections 14
through 16

Additionally, https://www.cabforum.org/Network_Security_Controls_V1.pdf
describes a series of controls jointly developed by the browsers and CAs.

Ryan, that's not true. I know it is easy to market the organsation as being open and friendly, but some of us weren't born last night.

I think the truth is that it was developed by CABForum participants. In private. Right? And then announced it to the world here:

   12 - June -2012  -- Today, the CA/Browser Forum released a
   draft "Network and Certificate System Security Requirements"
   for public review, comment, and discussion.  Comments may be
   submitted through Friday, 22 June 2012

https://cabforum.org/pipermail/public/2012-June/000114.html

Right? Truth is important, right? So faith in the product has a foundation?

CABForum participants are on record on that date to push a new unreleased standard onto the world through Mozilla's public theater with:

      10 days of public comment?

Right?

For the record:   when was that document first worked on in CABForum?

iang