On Tuesday, Mar 25, 2003, at 02:20 US/Eastern, Ed Gerck wrote:

"Jeroen C. van Gelderen" wrote:

1. Presently 1% of Internet traffic is protected by SSL against
    MITM and eavesdropping.

2. 99% of Internet traffic is not protected at all.

I'm sorry, but no. The bug in MSIE, that prevented the correct processing of cert path restraints and which led to easy MITM attacks, has been fixed for some time now. Consulting browser statistics sites will show that the MSIE update in question, fueled by the need for other security updates, is making good progress.

Heu? I am talking about HTTPS (1) vs HTTP (2). I don't see how the MSIE bug has any effect on this.

--
Jeroen C. van Gelderen - [EMAIL PROTECTED]

"Be precise in the use of words and expect precision from others"
                     -- Pierre Abelard