> So far I used VisualStudio 2012 to compile Crypto++ 5.6.5 to generate the
> static libary cryptlib.lib. According to the output, this should have
> completed successfully.
> I set up a simple project in VistualSutio 2012 (I used this AES encryption
> code
> <http://stackoverflow.com/questions/12306956/example-of-aes-using-crypto/12307096#12307096>),
>
> included the header files and gave a refrences to the cryptlib.lib file.
>
> However, when compiling errors of the following form appear:
> "error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol ""protected: virtual void
> __thiscall CryptoPP::CBC_Decryption::ResizeBuffers(void)"
> (?ResizeBuffers@CBC_Decryption@CryptoPP@@MAEXXZ)". "

Go to Start -> Programs -> Visual Studio 2012 -> Developer Tools. Open a
VS2012 x64 Command Prompt. 'cd' to you Crypto++ project. Then, issue

    msbuild /t:Build /p:Configuration=Debug;Platform=x64 <your
project>.vcxproj

Copy/paste the output into this question.

Also see https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms229859(v=vs.110).aspx
and https://www.cryptopp.com/wiki/MSBuild_(Command_Line).

Jeff