John Lockerbie wrote:
> David,
>
> Thank you for the comments. I should have said it seems to be fine on
> Mac/Opera, as it does on Safari and Firefox, it's the Windows
> environments I've no access to.
>
> I'd not spotted the font size problem as I'm new to coding. This is my
> third attempt to redesign my site - see the problem in
> http://catnaps.org/islamic/islaurb.html - in order to reduce page
> lengths.
>

> JL

The comments I made regarding Opera are when I veiwed it on a mac:
Version
9.21
Build
3678
Platform
MacOS X
System
10.4.9

If page height is an issue could you split the pages or use js to open
and close division sections.

With regard to fonts, I am referring more to IE's inability to scale
fonts when set in pixels, /regardless of page height,/ unless the user
goes through the drill of putting the browser in "accessiblity" mode
with the "ignore font-sizes specified" box checked.

One way to avoid this is to set percent at user default (100%) on the
body, and then use percent on individual selectors throughout the style
sheet as needed (line-height is best specified as a raw number).
For example:
body {font: 100%/1.4 arial, helvetica, sans-serif;}
h1 {font-size: 180%;}
#footer p {font-size: 80%; line-height: 1.2;}

Best,

~d

--
http://chelseacreekstudio.com/