John Lockerbie wrote:
> On 30/07/07, David Laakso <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> John Lockerbie wrote:

>>> The address for the problem float drop which occurs on Win IE 5.1,5.5
>>> and 6 but not 7, is: http://catnaps.org/latest/saturday.html with css
>>> file: http://catnaps.org/latest/latest.css
>>>
>>> With kind regards
>>> JL
>>>

>> John,
>>

>> If you can cope with not having cross-browser pixel perfection, the
>> correction on a local file (without hacking) is to change the margin in
>> #sidebar to read:
>> margin: 10px 0 10px 5px;
>>
>> Others on the list may offer a better alternative.
>>
>> Best,
>>
>> ~dL
>> --
>> http://chelseacreekstudio.com/
>>

> David,
>
> I'll have a look at that suggestion though I would prefer to get a
> more symmetrically arrangement if at all possible.
>
> With kind regards
> JL

John,

I experimented a little and have it closer in compliant browsers as well
as IE7 through IE5.01 (did not check mac/ie5.2). It may not pass a
micrometer test for cross browser pixel perfection but it is far better
than it was.

Note that the file is now in quirks for IE6 and down, and that in 5,5
and 5.01 the page is now centered. You'll want to validate. And I don't
remember all that I changed. You'll need compare my styles with yours.

The uri is:
<http://www.chelseacreekstudio.com/ca/cssd/arch.html>

Best,
~dL