Cory Shubert wrote:
> Hi all,  I am throwing our new design out there for critique and
> suggestions.
>
> http://www.nwaworldvacations.com
> <BLOCKED::http://www.nwaworldvacations.com>
>
> We tried to do a better job of CSS and moved into a more Web 2.0 vibe,
> ...{trimmed}
>
> I am posting here to help us continue on that learning curve.
>

> Cory

Cory,

If you mean what you wrote about transitioning to CSS then you may want
to /continue to employ tables for the tabular data/. But as of now, it
seems to me, you're running a predominately table oriented site with a
doctype.
The way some of us handle Ajax/JavaScript functionality is to use same
with the qualifier the page will work, as well (if not better), without
either or both. Your slow page loads may be more part and parcel of the
"Web 2,.0 vibe" than
a practical CSS issue. Fast load from the CSS perspective, in my
opinion, has more to do with lean, mean coding practice. Eliminating
inline styles and other table like practices, calling js from an
external file, and reducing white space in the source document /may/
help speed things up to a lessor extent.

Testing at +1 and +2 font-scaling in compliant browsers is a good idea;
and, providing text for IE users without the need for them to jump
through hoops to scale it is always advantageous.

Best,

~dL

--
http://chelseacreekstudio.com/