-Caveat Lector-

On May 6, 2004, at 10:51 AM, Eric Hoffsten wrote:

Oh, please.  "Energy shortages" in California?!? ...  The whole thing
was completely manufactured!
You are referring to the "electrical shortage" of several years ago.
Yes, that was manufactured  but not by Enron. It was congtrived by the
electrical wholesalers and helped along by a demoratic governor who did
nothing. Thats why he is no longer governor.

snip

  Practice smart fire control -- engage in controlled burns, and allow
naturally-occurring (i.e., lightning-sparked) forest fires to burn
(within reason, and not at the expense of personal property or
safety).
Yes, alternative vehicles that really work would be nice and people
just might buy them.
Proper forest management would be nice if only the Dept of Forestry was
allowed to manage it that way. The eco-nuts take the Dept of Forestry
to court every time they try to build a fire road into the forest
wilderness.

As for Saddam, well he *was* our friend, wasn't he?
I don't know about that. Some say he was the lessor of two evils. And
others say we put up with him because he had the money to buy the toys
we wanted to sell him.

Of course, on the plus side, if ill-informed knee-jerk nature haters like yourself get your way, my house will be oceanfront property by the time my kids retire! If only they could still breathe the air...
I am not ill-informed and my knees don't jerk. I like nature as much as
the next guy as long as it provides me with the things I need.\

Bill

www.ctrl.org DECLARATION & DISCLAIMER ========== CTRL is a discussion & informational exchange list. Proselytizing propagandic screeds are unwelcomed. Substance—not soap-boxing—please! These are sordid matters and 'conspiracy theory'—with its many half-truths, mis- directions and outright frauds—is used politically by different groups with major and minor effects spread throughout the spectrum of time and thought. That being said, CTRLgives no endorsement to the validity of posts, and always suggests to readers; be wary of what you read. CTRL gives no credence to Holocaust denial and nazi's need not apply.