~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
From:  [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Glenn Campbell, Las Vegas)

 This email is not spam, although it may look and smell like it. If you
 don't want to be included in this mailing, it's too late, because you
 have already received it.

 As a former computer programmer, I've studied the Y2K problem for a
 while now. I haven't said anything, because I know how much weight my
 words carry, and I didn't want anyone to panic. Now, with the year 2000
 just days away, I feel comfortable presenting my conclusions.

 It's time to panic!

 If you haven't done so already, you need to buy flashlight batteries,
 lots of them. And bottled water. Lots of canned goods... plenty of warm
 clothing. If you don't have a gun, you need to get one, ASAP, along with
 an ample supply of ammunition. You should also cash out your bank
 accounts and mutual funds and buy gold. Have you built your bomb   shelter
yet? If not, get digging.

 That's my advice if you plan to survive past New Years Day, but I
 haven't done any of these things myself. I'm not afraid of Y2K. Do you
 know why? Because I'm going to be raptured before it happens. God has
 selected me and a few chosen others to live with Him in Heaven while the
 rest of humanity burns. At the direction of God, I have just formed a
 new religious group, and we want you to join us. We call ourselves "The
 Survivors," and we intend to commit suicide just before midnight on
 December 31, 1999.

 To join us and be assigned your RESERVED SEAT IN HEAVEN, all you  need to
do is renounce all earthly possessions -- and send them to me as soon as
possible. You can use this address:

              Glenn Campbell
              PO Box 30303
              Las Vegas, NV 89173

 Don't send any perishable foods or large furniture, just valuables that
 can be sent through the mail. I accept electronic goods, jewelry,
 computer equipment, small collectibles, negotiable financial
 instruments, property deeds, and cash. If the lines at the post office
 are too long due to the Christmas rush, then you'll have to wait in line
 anyway, because this is urgent. I don't recommend holding out until
 after Christmas, because that's cutting it too close.

 TO ALLOW FOR PROPER PROCESSING OF YOUR APPLICATION, I MUST RECEIVE ALL OF
YOUR MARKETABLE PERSONAL ASSETS ON OR BEFORE THURSDAY, DECEMBER 30, 1999.
If you are not prepared to do this right now then you are not truly
committed to our cause, and you don't love me or God as much as you say you
do. I will take care of you, but you have to trust me. Sending me all of
your worldly goods is proof of your trust.

 I know what you are saying: "This is insane! Why should I give all my
 money and property to this stranger on the internet?" What, you may ask,
 distinquishes me from any common charlatan or televangelist? The answer
 is faith. You have to trust your heart, and you have to listen to what
 God is telling you through your heart. Right now, God is telling you to
 give me all your money. Don't you hear it?

 Think of the children, the poor, innocent little children in tattered
 clothes, looking up at you with their sad, pleading eyes that say,
 "Can't you help?" While you are at it, think of little animals -- cute,
 furry baby animals like kittens and puppies, so playful and loving, who
 desperately need your care and support. Having seen these things in your
 mind, don't you feel more like joining our group?

 Now, imagine a big, mean man with rotten teeth and bad breath who likes
 to STOMP ON PUPPIES. He's unbelievably cruel, hunting down and torturing
small animals and innocent little children whenever he can. That's what our
enemies are like. And we do have enemies, virtually everywhere,
 always trying to deceive us. Our enemies don't want to you to see the
 truth. They want you to think that Y2K is nothing but an arbitrary
 change of calendar. They want to lull you into complacency so you won't
 do the right thing.

 Sending me your assets is a statement of support for all the cute,
 furry, innocent things in the world. To do nothing is a vote for evil.
 As Y2K approaches, you don't want to be supporting the Puppy Stompers. You
want to be taking a positive step toward change. Change is good. You can't
be afraid of it; you have to embrace it.

 Before I go on, I want to assure you that it is okay to send me cash.
 You don't have to insure the package or anything; just gather together
 as much cash as you have (paper bills only), put it in an envelope,
 write my address on the envelope, affix the proper postage and drop it
 in any mailbox. You don't have to put a return address on the envelope,
 because God knows who you are.

 Here are some questions that might be asked by an intelligent,
 perceptive, spiritually aware people like yourself....

 Q: I really like the concept of your group, but I'm not so keen on
 committing suicide. Do you have any options for people like me?

 A: That's the unique beauty of being a member of The Survivors. You
 don't have to commit suicide. It's a FREE WILL CHOICE. If you decide  to
hang around to see what happens after December 31, that's just fine.
 Living into the new year isn't as dramatic or satisfying as a
 spectacular suicide at the stroke of midnight, but you won't be
 penalized in any way should you forego this option. The important thing
 is, you have a GUARANTEED RESERVATION IN HEAVEN FOR ETERNITY, starting
whenever you choose to use it -- provided, of course, you make the
necessary sacrifices here on earth.

 Q: If I intend to live into the new year, why do I have to send you my
 assets now?

 A: Unfortunately, the December 30 deadline cannot be changed. It is the
 word of God. I would really like to grant extensions, but I do not have
 that power. You must understand, I am only a messenger. God and I may
 have a very close working relationship, but he's still God, and what he
 says, goes.

 Q: Does the millennium really end on December 31, 1999, or is it
 December 31, 2000, as the purists say?