-Caveat Lector-

At 02:30 PM 12/27/99 -0500, Gavin Phillips <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 wrote:
> -Caveat Lector-
>
> New book. Inside cover blurb. Gavin.
>
>DAY OF DECEIT
>THE TRUTH ABOUT FDR AND PEARL HARBOR
>by Robert Stinnett

- - -  snip - - -

>Day of Deceit is the definitive final chapter on America's greatest secret
>and our worst military disaster.

I doubt that it is the "final chapter" by any stretch of the imagination.

Rather, it abundantantly reconfirms the thesis that most, it not all of the
major wars in this century involving the United States involved the use
of deception to engineer U.S. participation.

World War I:    The purported sinking of the ferry Sussex, later shown to be
false;
                the sinking of the Lusitania, later shown to have been carrying war
contraband.

                Also, the "Germans spearing babies on their bayonets" hoax.  (It
                never happend, folks; it was British war propaganda.)

World War II:  The engineered bombing of Pearl Harbor

Korea:          ??

Vietnam:        The Gulf of Tonkin incident

Haiti:          The "our guy is not as corrupt" hoax
                and the "we have to stop the boat people
                after we gave them the green light" hoax

Desert Storm:   The Kuwait incubator babies massacre hoax

Somalia War:    the "chemical weapons factory" hoax

Kosovo War:     the "ethnic cleansing" hoax

What this country needs is a good HONEST war!

DBC