-Caveat Lector-

From: "Nurev Ind Research" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> It only takes a few days for lambs to become strong enough to pasture.

But more than a few days to become strong enough to keep up with a migrating
herd...

> As for wintering in town... you are thinking like a Northerner. Winters in
that
> part of the world are warm and wet.

It doesn't get wet until spring.  As for 'warm', did you watch the millenium
countdown from Bethlehem?  Looked pretty chilly to me.

While it can get mild this time of year, later in January, and in February,
it
can get pretty chilly.

It's all moot, because HISTORICALLY, shepherds in that part of the world
always
brought their flocks in from the hills in winter to keep within the confines
of
the city gates...as much for the shepherds comfort and welfare as that of
the
sheep...

It's not a matter of conjecture, but of known historical FACT.

> This entirely wrong. There is little difference between the lowlands and
the
> highlands. THIS IS NOT EUROPE! They are equally hot and dry. Furthermore
the
> sheep don't stop eating when it's hot and dry.

Of course they don't.  Which is why they were brought up into the mountains
in the summer, where there was more pasture and water than the lowlands.

Again, this is not a matter of conjecture, but of known historical FACT.

> You are NOT describing the the Middle east. Scotland maybe, but not
Israel.

No, I'm am describing known historical FACT of life in that area at the time
of Christ's birth.

June