</A> -Cui Bono?-

WJPBR Email News List [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Peace at any cost is a prelude to war!

 <A HREF="http://www.newsmax.com/showinsidecover.shtml?a=2000/1/30/101249">New
sMax.com: Inside Cover Story</A>
http://www.newsmax.com/showinsidecover.shtml?a=2000/1/30/101249

With Carl Limbacher and NewsMax.com Staff
For the story behind the story...

Sunday January 30, 2000; 11:18 AM

Chief House Impeachment Prober Endorses Keyes for President

BEDFORD, N.H., Jan. 30 /PRNewswire/ -- Today Ambassador Alan Keyes,
Republican candidate for President, received the endorsement of David
Schippers, former lead council for the House Judiciary Committee's
investigation and impeachment of President Bill Clinton. The following is
Schippers statement to the public:

``I believe with all my soul that our Fathers, who were not timid men, in
founding this Republic assumed two principles as fundamental: 1) There is a
norm by which are judged the acts and omissions of public officials; 2) No
one is fit to lead a free people who does not possess unquestioned honor,
integrity and courage.

``Unfortunately, while in Washington I observed these principles ignored or
turned upside down. Duty has been corrupted into 'what can you do for me,'
truth into 'what can I make them believe,' and honesty into 'what can I get
away with.' Win at any cost is the battle cry, and the standard is the end
justifies the means, honorable or dishonorable.

``If the presidency mirrors the morality of the people, then we are losing
our soul as a nation. I do not believe this administration is a paradigm of
America. I believe that the people are just as honest, just as decent and
just as God-fearing as they were two hundred years ago.

``We will not regain our national dignity, however, merely by having a strong
economy or by adding more and more material luxuries and then flaunting them.

``There are many fine members in the Congress. I encountered selflessness and
patriotism in Henry Hyde and the other Republican members of the House
Judiciary Committee. And the raw courage of the thirteen House Managers
should serve as an outstanding example for everyone in politics. The seed has
been planted and needs only to be cultivated.

``A leader is needed. One who can inspire both Congress and the people. One
who possesses the honesty to say exactly what he thinks, the integrity to
stick by his code regardless of the consequences, and the courage to face
down the enemies of the Republic, foreign and domestic.

``I have followed the campaign in Iowa and here in New Hampshire. I have
watched and listened to all the candidates. There are many good and decent
men seeking the office of President of the United States. There is, however,
only one who will be able to lead this country back to the status of Moral
Leader of the World that it once enjoyed. And once that goal is achieved all
else will follow. That man is Alan Keyes.

``I therefore, enthusiastically and unqualifiedly endorse Ambassador Alan
Keyes for the office of President of the United States. In the words of John
Peter Altgeld, another man of honor, integrity and courage: 'I have no
choice; it is the right thing to do.'''

**COPYRIGHT NOTICE** In accordance with Title 17 U. S. C. Section 107,