Conspiracy Shopping Cart: http://a-albionic.com/shopping.html

From: J Taylor <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: Miller, Lloyd <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject:  MI5 builds new centre to read e-mails on the net
Date: Wednesday, May 03, 2000 12:28 AM

> [...]

>stations and personell MI5 put on this, the number will be an additive
>countermeasure to a geometrically increasing problem of sifting. The
>problem for the listeners is pure math- there ain't no way to do it.
>
>I am much more alarmed with the coalation proceedures in the private
>enterprise realm- the ever increasing paper trail every person leaves
>behind them is being collected better every single day: we are at the point
>now where we can have a moderately sophisticated program collect dispirate
>pieces of information into a huge personal information whole, then make
>reasonable extrapolations and  predictors to make a well detailed and very
>likely psychological profile of the people involed. And keep in mind, this
>doesn't have to involve a person at all: you can have a program do it. The
>worstr thign about this is it's being done by the hyper efficient market
>and not the plodding and incompetant NSA: not only is it legal, it is
>necessarry to the system.
>
>Being afraid of Echelon is a crock- in the same way that a sattellite is
>more frightening than a radar gun because the "satellite can read your
>driver's license", it is a cumbersome, expensive, and highly intensive way
>to get information on an individual, whereas a radar gun is operating
>within five hundred feet oif your house, and will bust you guaranteed
>sometime in your life. A satellite will never look at you, a radar gun
>will. Same thing with the internet- the companies have innocuous and not
>very impressive Orewellian sounds, but the government is terrifying: guess
>which one will destroy our privacy and freedom?
>

>>This MI5 project appears to be an expansion of Echelon.  It is done
>>under the auspices of fighting terrorism and crime.  Truly dangerous
>>terrorists and criminals are now acutely aware of government
>>eavesdropping systems and know how to get around such systems, which
>>likely use computers to search for key words.  Not using suspected key
>>words, using throw-away e-mail addresses and communicating in person in
>>public spaces will probably be enough to foil this type of system in
>>most cases.  And petty criminals will not likely be a target of this
>>type of system.  So why then?  Spend money on gadgetry?  Intimidate the
>>population?  Whatever the purpose, Western governments have at their
>>disposal the tools for social control beyond the wildest fantasies of
>>the most totalitarian governments ever to exist.  And Britain is leading
>>the way.  We are assured that safeguards will be put in place to prevent
>>abuse.  That may be so.  But those safeguards are administrative, not
>>technical.  They could be eliminated in one morning by a memo.
>>
>>For those interested in the technologies of social control:
>>
>>This link explores the capabilities of Echelon -
>>http://www.anaserve.com/~wethepeople/hager.htm
>>
>>This link is to a report to the European Parliament entitled
>>"An Appraisal of Technologies of Political Control" -

Shop for Cars On-Line:  http://a-albionic.com/ads/srch.html

Forwarded for info and discussion from the New Paradigms Discussion List,
not necessarily endorsed by:
***********************************
Lloyd Miller, Research Director for A-albionic Research (POB 20273,
Ferndale, MI 48220), a ruling class/conspiracy research resource for the
entire political-ideological spectrum.  Quarterly journal, book sales,
rare/out-of-print searches, New Paradigms Discussion List, Weekly Up-date
Lists & E-text Archive of research, intelligence, catalogs, & resources.
 To Discuss Ideas:
  mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]      http://msen.com/~lloyd/
  For Ordering Info & Free Catalog:
   mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]    http://a-albionic.com/formaddress.html
  For Discussion List:
   mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
   text in body:  subscribe prj <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 **FREE RARE BOOK SEARCH: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> **
   Explore Our Archive:  <http://a-albionic.com/a-albionic.html>
Every Diet Has Failed!  What Can I do?
Click Below to "Ask Dr. Kathleen"!
http://www.radiantdiet.com/cgi-bin/slim/deliver.cgi?ask-1364

sordid matters and 'conspiracy theory'—with its many half-truths,
misdirections
and outright frauds—is used politically by different groups with major and
minor
effects spread throughout the spectrum of time and thought. That being said,
CTRL