Subject: Moving Contrail Makes 90 Degree Turn

Moving Contrail Makes 90 Degree Turn Near Three Rivers, Michigan 4/22/99
http://www.earthfiles.com/earth039.html
Photo on url.

6/10/99 Three Rivers, Michigan - Alan Otterson is 47-years-old and has lived
in the Three Rivers, Michigan region all his life. Early in the morning of
April 24, 1999 while he and his wife were driving toward Battle Creek, they
were so surprised that a moving contrail suddenly made a right angle turn
that they pulled over into a parking lot to take the photograph shown here.

Later, after the Ottersons got back on the road, they stopped again to take
a photograph of an S-shaped contrail shown below.

I talked with Alan Otterson today about his April 24, 1999 unusual contrail
photographs.

Interview Alan Otterson, supermarket employee, Three Rivers, Michigan: "I've
always been interested in the sky. I'm an amateur astronomer. Cloud
formations and things like that have always interested me. And we've lived
in the flight path of O'Hare to Detroit, Michigan. We see regular contrails
every day. But these were extremely different.
We (with wife) were on our way to Battle Creek, Michigan that Saturday. And
driving towards, we had to go through Three Rivers and just before Three
Rivers, I noticed this right angle contrail. We were driving along and I
noticed the contrail being formed and I thought, 'Boy, that's pretty weird!'
So, we pulled over into this parking lot and just by habit I had my camera
with me all the time now.

AND IT JUST HAPPENED TO BE FROM YOUR LETTER, THAT WHAT YOU ARE SEEING AT
THIS POINT IS A CONTRAIL THAT IS COMING FROM THE ZENITH DIRECTION COMING
STRAIGHT SORT OF DOWN.

Right. Right. And then it abruptly made that turn. And I thought, 'Wow!' and
we pulled over and I got out. I grabbed my camera and took a couple of
pictures of it.

IT'S ALMOST AS RIGHT AN ANGLE AS ONE COULD DRAW ON A PIECE OF PAPER. COULD
YOU SEE ANY KIND OF A VEHICLE THAT WAS MAKING THIS RIGHT ANGLE CONTRAIL?

No, I could just see the tip of the contrail, but I could not see any
shining light or like from wings or anything like that.

AND DID YOUR WIFE? COULD SHE SEE ANYTHING?

Yes, she could.

COULD SHE SEE ANY VEHICLE MAKING THIS?

No, she didn't see any vehicle. She just saw the contrail itself.

NOW, DID IT SEEM - AND I'M LOOKING AT THE PHOTO AS WE SPEAK AND IT DOES NOT
SEEM THAT THIS CONTRAIL IS THAT FAR AWAY FROM THE PARKING LOT THAT YOU CAN
SEE IN THE FOREGROUND.

It's - I would estimate - probably maybe 20 to 40 miles away. It's a low
horizon area.

BUT DO YOU THINK IT'S UNUSUAL THAT YOU COULD NOT SEE SOME KIND OF AERIAL
VEHICLE MAKING THIS CONTRAIL?

Yes, because usually you can see either the shining sunlight hitting off the
vehicle, whatever it is - in this case we didn't. I don't know if it was
because it was in the eastern part of the sky as the sun was coming up. But
we didn't see any shape of object or anything like that.

DID YOU TRY TO CALL ANY AIRPORT OR AUTHORITIES TO ASK THEM WHAT COULD BE
MAKING A RIGHT ANGLE CONTRAIL THAT YOU COULD STILL SEE IN THE PHOTOGRAPH?

Well, I know that near that area is the Battle Creek International Airport
and they have a national guard based there. But as far as I know, all they
have is A-10s and helicopters.

AND YOU SAW THE CONTRAIL MOVING DOWN AND YOU AND YOUR WIFE WATCHING, BOTH OF
YOUR PAIRS OF EYES ARE WATCHING, AND YOU SAW WITH YOUR OWN EYES THE MOMENT
AT WHICH WHATEVER IS MAKING THE CONTRAIL DID THE SHARP 90-DEGREE TURN?

Yes.

AND WHAT WENT THROUGH YOUR MIND WHEN THAT OCCURRED?

I said to myself, 'Wow, this is really amazing!' I'm fairly familiar with
different types of aircraft and what they can do and can't do. And this just
jumped right out at you.

WELL, WHAT DO WE HAVE THAT COULD MAKE A 90-DEGREE CONTRAIL LIKE THIS?

The only thing I can think of is some type of remote-controlled vehicles
that we are experimenting with.

THAT'S A GOOD IDEA, A REMOTE-CONTROLLED VEHICLE.

You know, the unmanned.

YES. AND IF WE ARE EXPERIMENTING WITH REMOTE-CONTROLLED VEHICLES, WHY DO YOU
SUPPOSE THAT WHOEVER IS EXPERIMENTING WITH THEM WOULD MAKE IT SO OBVIOUS
THAT IT WOULD EMIT CONTRAILS?

I'm not sure on that. I don't know whether it was intended for someone to
see, or it was just by accident.

AND SOME PEOPLE HAVE SUGGESTED THAT SOME OF THESE CONTRAILS MAY NOT BE MADE
BY HUMANS AT ALL.

That's another possibility. And I firmly believe there are other forms of
life and things like that - you know, some other odd things happen. I'm sure
they are not all, shall I say, human engineered by themselves.

NOW, LET'S MOVE TO THE OTHER PHOTOGRAPH THAT YOU SENT WITH THE RIGHT ANGLE
AND IT IS THE SAME DAY. COULD YOU PLEASE EXPLAIN WHAT WAS HAPPENING AND WHEN
YOU TOOK THIS ONE IN RELATIONSHIP TO THE RIGHT ANGLE THAT SHOWS THIS VERY
CLEAR S-SHAPED CONTRAIL.

OK, we were moving further on down the road and we were a few miles from
Battle Creek. My wife happened to notice this S-shaped contrail. And she
called me and I looked at it and said, 'Wow, that's really neat.' So we
stopped and handed her the camera as we were driving the vehicle. I pulled
over and she took the picture.

AND THIS IS AFTER THE RIGHT ANGLE.

Right. And I'm wondering if it could be the same vehicle doing them both.

WHAT WENT THROUGH YOUR MIND WHEN YOU SAW THIS S-SHAPE MOVING OUT OF WHAT
LOOKS LIKE TUMBLING, LONG CONTRAILS?

I thought something really strange is going on and it's not anything normal
or anything that was intended to really be seen. I think it was just by
chance that we saw it."

More Info For more photographs and information about unusual contrail
formations in North America since March 17, 1999, please see The Contrail
Connection.
Web Sites  www.contrailconnection.com
Credits Copyright © 1999 Linda Moulton Howe
All Rights Reserved

sordid matters and 'conspiracy theory'—with its many half-truths,
misdirections
and outright frauds—is used politically by different groups with major and
minor
effects spread throughout the spectrum of time and thought. That being said,
CTRL