Tony Dickinson wrote:

> How's about some new nomenclature to help dissambiguate one's position re
> any given Unidentified Flying Object (UFO). I would like to propose the
> following for example:
>
> UFOpo (UFO probably ours)  A terrestrial craft of type unknown to observer
> UFOpa (UFO putative alien) An aerial phenomenon outside the World of books
>
> UFOso (UFO stellar object) An sighting of event predictable to astronomy
> UFOsa (UFO secret agent)   Accidental sighting of 'odd-shaped' spy-craft
>
> UFObo (UFO biological object) Flocking birds, Insects, (+Fish if Fortean)
> UFOba (UFO bugger all) Imagined objects in far depth/neuroptic distortions
>
> Although offered somewhat light heartedly, the issue of whether any given
> UFO sighting/report might lose its U-nature is not always clear.
>
> > Samantha, there have been "sightings" of all kinds throughout history,
> > it is you, and others of similar mindset (those who are inclined to
> > believe in alien visitation, not that there is anything wrong with that)
> > who classify these things as UFO's flown by aliens, with not one lick of
> > evidence to support it.
>
> To me, a UFO is any putative craft in the air that I cannot identify,
> hence the U; - this can often include a wide variety of civil (and most
> military) aircraft which I might see at 'funny' angles in the sky. One
> person's UFO might conceivably be someone else's IFO (and vice-versa).
>
> ET in my view is/are lifeforms, not necessarily biological in a
> commonly-used terrestrial sense, who's origin is beyond the Earth's
> biosphere. Most photons are of extraterrestrial origin (Solar) but some
> are man-made (lightbulbs).
> According to many astronomers 'interstellar dustclouds' are thought to
> harbour life; Marburg/hantavirus hybrids appear to be very terrestrial.
>
> In a nutshell, I would suggest that the most healthy view would be to
> simultaneously entertain view that:
>
> 1. A UFO could contain ET.
> 2. An ET might travel in/on a medium of unidentifiable appearance.
>
> Likewise, and just for completeness:-
>
> 1. A UFO might as well turn out to be a terrestrial object (UFOpo/UFOsa)
>         prior to its identification (thereafter becoming an IFO).
>
> 2. ET might travel in a biol membrane/747/Shuttle/rocket (i.e., an IFO).
>
> Just a thoughts,.... whilst the Jury is still out ?
>
>    Cheers,
>           Tony.

This is interesting and even workable. But logic dictates that you invert
the order.

THIS:
> 1. A UFO might as well turn out to be a terrestrial object (UFOpo/UFOsa)
>         prior to its identification (thereafter becoming an IFO).
SHOULD BE NUBER ONE in a logical sequence of probabilities.

Then there are more likely possibilities before you need to even mention ETs.
But it's ETs that's the real kicker isn't it. It doesn't matter that there is
zero evidence that they even exist. The subject is boring and unsexy if Et's
were out of the equation. So you guys keep hope alive. Unreality Rules.

Joshua2

sordid matters and 'conspiracy theory'—with its many half-truths,
misdirections
and outright frauds—is used politically by different groups with major and
minor
effects spread throughout the spectrum of time and thought. That being said,
CTRL