New York Doc Wants to Send Hillary Back to Arkansas

NewsMax.com
Tuesday July 11, 2000

A Harvard-trained orthopedic surgeon is sharpening his scalpel
for a primary race against Hillary Clinton and says he wants to
amputate her from the New York Senate race and send her back to
Arkansas.

Dr. Mark McMahon says he has enough signatures to put him on the
ballot for the Sept. 12 Democratic Party primary for the U.S.
Senate seat Mrs. Clinton is seeking.

McMahon planned to announce Monday that he will file petitions
containing more than the 15,000 signatures needed to put him on
the primary ballot along with Mrs. Clinton, thereby forcing a
Democratic primary.

"I'm running because I care about New York," McMahon said. "I
don't think Hillary cares about New York.

"I believe she is using us. I'm just not buying it. Someone has
to stand up to her."

The 39-year-old Long Island-born McMahon, who announced his
candidacy last fall, says he launched his campaign to "give
Democratic New Yorkers a choice" in who their candidate will be,
rejecting Mrs. Clinton's "coronation" by the state Democratic
Party.

He sought the nomination at the Democratic Party's state
nominating convention May 15 but was unable to get enough
delegate votes even to have his name entered as a candidate.
Undaunted, he set out to get the required number of signatures to
force a primary contest.

On his web site (www.mcmahonforussenate.com) McMahon says his
platform differs from Mrs. Clinton's because he is "an expert in
healthcare, putting the Patients' Bill of Rights, saving Medicare
and ensuring universal healthcare" at the top of his list of
priorities.

"I have seen firsthand elderly patients who have been forced to
choose between prescription drugs and food," he said.

"Peace Through Strength, Not Land for Peace" is another plank in
his platform. He says it has motivated a large following of
Jewish voters upset at Mrs. Clinton's Mideast policies. "I will
be a maverick on behalf of Israel," McMahon said.

In addition to his Harvard medical degree, McMahon holds a
master's degree from the London School of Economics. A native of
Jericho, N.Y., he lives in Manhattan with his wife, also a
physician, and their three children.

He has until Thursday to file his petition. Observers say he
faces an uphill battle because state party leaders have lined up
behind Mrs. Clinton and she enjoys a tremendous fund-raising
advantage.

             Kadosh, Kadosh, Kadosh, YHVH, TZEVAOT

  FROM THE DESK OF:                    <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
                      *Mike Spitzer*     <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
                         ~~~~~~~~          <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

       Shalom, A Salaam Aleikum, and to all, A Good Day.