-Caveat Lector-

>the numbers are a bit more complex than that

Indeed they are. For one thing, as you astutely pointed out, bias makes
the real figures difficult to ascertain. More important though, is that
the wrong thing is being measured. Comparing the rate at which public
teachers send their kids to private school with the rate Americans as a
whole send their kids to private schools tell us very little because it
fails to factor in income. Comparing how many teachers send their kids
to private school with how many Americans in their income bracket send
their kids to private school would tell us more about how teachers'
assessment of public schools effect their decision. However, it tells us
very little, if anything, about what is wrong with public schools, over
most of which teachers have no control whatsoever.

Public education does not exist in a vacuum. Equity in education cannot
take place in an iniquitous society. More money will not, in and of
itself, perfect public education. But more money is definitely needed, a
lot more. We need to make public education as good as, if not better
than, the very best private education that money can buy. We have the
money, but we’re spending it to support the Pentagon, i.e., we’re
spending it on what is essentially a private army for the corporations,
especially for the oil companies. We’re doing it at the expense of
education.  This is as stupid as it is immoral. It will come home to
roost. It’s only a matter of time.

Taking even more money out of public education is not the answer. Taking
money out of the public education system can only make education more
iniquitous than it already is. This is the apparent, but hidden, agenda
of those who propose to do so. They are conspiring behind our backs to
widen the gap between the rich and the rest of us. The only reason this
conspiracy is not generally considered illegal is because they write the
laws. But that doesn’t mean it’s not a conspiracy.

<A HREF!ttp://www.ctrl.org/">www.ctrl.org</A>
DECLARATION & DISCLAIMER
İİİCTRL is a discussion & informational exchange list. Proselytizing propagandic

İİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİÚrchives Available at:
 <A HREF!ttp://peach.ease.lsoft.com/archives/ctrl.html">Archives of

 <A HREF!ttp:[EMAIL PROTECTED]/">ctrl</A>
İİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİo subscribe to Conspiracy Theory Research List[CTRL] send
email: