-Caveat Lector-

Nessie wrote:

> -Caveat Lector-
>
> >> If this were true, the mega fauna of Africa would have been
> exterminated long ago. Mankind has been in Africa longer than it has
> been anywhere.

This sentence is only true about Negroids. Not necessarily about the
other races. Black Africans are indisputably the oldest of the modern
Homo Sapiens.

> >You're only HALF right. The second sentence is theoretical speculation.
>
> Until more data come in, it's the only theoretical speculation with an
> empirical basis. But, yes, we should withhold final judgement. Th data
> are not all in. No one knows what might turn up.

New discoveries in Australia seem to indicate that the ' out of Africa '
model is turning out to be untrue. Apparently ' mankind ' or our immediate
ancestors developed in several places several places simultaneously.

I was never really convinced of the Out of Africa theory. It didn't account
for the physical differences of the races in the time frames given.

What do you think?

J2