-Caveat Lector-

>Even so, I doubt that boonie towns were integrated.

If the OT has any truth to it, the suppression of paganism within
Israelite controlled territory went on for something like 800 years. To
me this says pagans were spread around pretty widely.

>That's my point. She either did or didn't exist, or if she did exist,
she could have been anybody.

Not just anybody, but there are a number of possibilities. What exactly
she was, we’ll never know. Those guys who say that they do know are
lying.

>Poor Pagans. I guess the I guess the Jews gave them a hard time about
burring their children and other human sacrifices.

Some pagans did that. Most didn’t. The pagans best known to us for the
practice were the Carthagenians. They were annihilated as a people by
other pagans, the Romans. Romans thought the custom was disgusting,
probably because it was something their chief rivals did.

Jews of that era tended to treat their rivals harshly, falling upon
them, smiting them, rendering them asunder and what not. They certainly
couldn’t claim any moral high ground. They weren’t very nice to each
other, either. They stoned adulterers, for example, also juvenile
delinquents. On the other hand,  for almost two thousand years, Jews
were arguably the most peace loving People on earth. Most of them still
are.  But that came later.

>If you mean Hellenism. Yes. If you mean something else, then not
likely.

Hellenism for sure, what else we don’t know. Persian religious thought,
and presumably some practice, was quite popular among a large numbers of
Jews of the time. A case can be made that portions of modern Judaism is
are Persian grafts.

 >This is a good observation, but consider this. James, Jesus' brother
was
  a NAZIR. A Nazir is the ONLY instance in Jewish culture where it is
permitted
  to put aside the commandment to be fruitful and multiply. In other
words,
  if one dedicates his life to the service of god, he may be a monk.

Good point. I hadn’t thought of that. Tell us more about the Nazir.

>James was a Nazir

Source on that?

> He apparently got some part of John the Baptist's movement.

Apparently. That’s certainly what Nag Hammadi points to.

>This of course ALL speculation. But it's speculation within the correct
framework.

It’s still speculation, though. To get really beyond speculation we’ll
need for more data to come in. Hopefully some archeologist will luck out
and find some documentation. It’s possible. Given enough time, it’s even
likely.  Seeing it reach the mass media when it happens, is a little
less likely. But we can hope.