-Caveat Lector-

In a message dated 07/03/2001 12:41:08 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

<< Who shall write the curriculum?  Who will implement the curriculum?  Should
 the curriculum be targeted at specific populations? >>

I can see that you believe in handling society's problems by rigid rules with
rigid enforcement--a kind of sociological Nazism.   I wasn't speaking of a
"school" for family planning.  Common sense is the only curriculum needed.
Many years ago, my son's best friend was a black child from a very large and
close-knit family.
 Whenever he would speak enviously of something my son owned, I would tell
him that my son only had one sister, while he had not only two sisters, but
several brothers.  One of the brothers was three years old and was  his pride
and joy.  You have Michael I would remind him.  Would you want to trade
Michael for (whatever item he was wishing was his)?  His answer was always
no.  You are rich in family I would tell him.   There is no need for
curricula; there is only need to explain that there are choices to be made.
The same explanation of choices in these matters is presented rather
whimsically in the first chapter of "Mary Poppins."   For real adults, the
choices become more than personal possessions.  There is health to consider
and the welfare of our planet.   Your personal decision to have twelve
children is going to make it difficult for my two children to have their
needs fulfilled.   No group of people are stupid.  They can learn very
quickly when the choices are laid out for them.  Prudy