-Caveat Lector-

[Kasich and Condit were good buddies.  Kasich, a republican even flew to CA
and spoke at a Condit fundraiser.  One rumor about Kasich was that he was
having a relationship with a male staff member.  The two of them lived
together in DC.  I guess the rumor could be based on what was only a money
saving situation?  Naah!]

http://www.nypost.com/gossip/pagesix.htm

New York Post

July 12, 2001

Small world

THE off-air ABC reporter Rep. Gary Condit met with the day after Chandra
Levy disappeared was involved in another scandal involving a powerful
politician and a buxom intern. The Post is not publishing the name of the
ABC reporter who is said to have had an affair with Condit but is now
married. But it is known she worked for U.N. Ambassador Bill Richardson
when he was asked to give Monica Lewinsky a job. And Condit's cutie was the
first in Richardson's office to interview her.

###

INFO FROM FR THREAD FOLLOWS:

http://www.freerepublic.com/forum/a3b4d65ea0cce.htm#1

[AN FR THREAD 2 DAYS AGO HAD SPECULATED THAT THIS ABC REPORTER WAS
ELIZABETH WILNER:
http://www.freerepublic.com/forum/a3b4b09ff60d9.htm , AND IN THE POSTS
BELOW, THIS ABC REPORTER'S IDENTITY IS THOUGHT TO BE REBECCA COOPER. GOOD
STUFF!!! ]

To: kattracks

Mona Sutphen and Rebecca Cooper

5 Posted on 07/12/2001 02:12:45 PDT by
paul544 ----------------------------------------------

To: paul544

On Friday morning, October 31, Ambassador Richardson and two of his
assistants, Mona Sutphen and Rebecca Cooper, interviewed Ms. Lewinsky at
the Watergate.(646) According to Ambassador Richardson, he "listen[ed]
while Mona and Rebecca were interviewing her."(647) Neither Ambassador
Richardson nor any of his staff made inquiries, before or after the
interview, about Ms. Lewinsky's prior work performance.(648)

>From the Starr Report.

Does one of these two work for ABC?

To: paul544

confided to ABCNEWS' Rebecca Cooper

This is one of the many articles at ABC News that have her mentioned

http://more.abcnews.go.com/sections/politics/onbackground/onbackground00010
7.html

Do we have a winner???

7 Posted on 07/12/2001 02:30:29 PDT by paul544

To: YaYa123

Good morning! Glad you were reading last night's late, late posts. You're
right - the Snow interview was one of the best. BTW, his eulogy of his
friend Ken is one of the most moving I've ever read. I hope someday - a
LONG time from now - someone writes something this nice about me.

I have a whole bunch of new Condit thoughts. In no particular order:

1. Who owns the car? Where is it kept? A garage? An empty warehouse? Did a
staff member drive Chandra and Condit around as he did Condit and Ann
Marie?

2. How did Condit get from his office, to the doctor, to the restaurant to
meet the ABC reporter, then home to his wife? Did someone drive him?
Cabs?

3. Aren't you intrigued about the Sanchez connection? Whoa! >p>

4. John Kasich was (is?) a good friend of Condit. Kasich hasn't been
married too long. Did they 'double date'? Is anyone asking Kasich what he
knows?
There were lots of rumors about Kasich before he married. You don't
suppose....no, I don't think so.

5. Why is NO ONE (but us) concerned about Condit's seat on the Intelligence
Committee? I think he's been on that committee waaay too long. The cloak
and dagger business with the women hiding in the alleys, taking the back
stairs, getting off the elevator on another floor, leaving ID at home - all
sounds like a James Bond wannabe.

6. BTW, don't you find the idea of these women 'dating' a married man
pathetic?

7. Is anyone checking out the 'rape' allegation in CA in 1986?

8. Chandra's aunt said Condit bought her chocolates, flowers, a gold
bracelet and AIRLINE TICKETS. Where did she go? Did he go with her? I can't
see him buying tickets (plural) for her to go home - Daddy would likely
have done that.

9. The girl from Modesto (the intern from 5 years ago with the phone
numbers), the Minister's daughter, Chandra - all fit the Monica mold.
But Ann Marie is different - older, smarter, more sophisticated, harder to
fool than those young girls. Is she the exception to the rule, or isn't it
equally likely that there are more of her type as yet undiscovered?

10. He offered a reward for another girl from Modesto. Did she ever show
up? How old was she? Was she an intern? I'll keep thinking and looking
around.

34 Posted on 07/12/2001 05:48:42 PDT by SmartBlonde

To: BansheeBill

I found this cached at Google. The original source is gone, and so are the
photos. Search on, good FReepers!

Rebecca Cooper, Chief of Staff to Ambassador Bill Richardson, 1986,
Washington Semester Program Alum Journalism Semester

Rebecca Cooper graduated with honors from Duke University in 1988,
receiving a Bachelor of Arts in political science. During her college
career, Ms. Cooper also graduated from two American University semester
programs.

In her junior year, she participated in both the Journalism Semester of the
Washington Semester Program and the World Capitals Program, Semester in
Brussels, where she studied international political issues.

She interned in the office of Senator David L. Boren (D-OK), a member of
the Senate Finance Committee, during the Washington Semester, and then
interned for The Wall Street Journal/Europe while in Brussels.

Ms. Cooper's first job after graduating from Duke was a direct result of
her Washington Semester Program internship. From 1988 through 1992, she
served as legislative assistant to Senator Boren, handling international
trade, environment, education, and health issues.

As a freelance producer for the NBC political unit in 1992, Ms. Cooper
covered the presidential and congressional races, and then worked for NBC
Nightly News as an off-air reporter in 1993.

>From 1993 to 1997 Ms. Cooper worked for CNN. As a producer for CNN
Financial News from 1995 to 1997, she helped launch CNNfn, an all-financial
24-hour news network broadcast in the United States and overseas.

Prior to her work for CNN's financial news unit, she covered a number of
beats, including the White House, federal agencies, campaigns and
elections, and the Republican takeover of Congress in 1994.

She received both the Emmy and Cable ACE awards as part of the CNN team
covering the bombing of the Alfred P. Murrah building in Oklahoma City in
1994.

As a weekend reporter for CNN and CNN radio, she covered general assignment
stories ranging from the year 2000 computer problem to the marriage of Vice
President Al Gore's daughter.

Ms. Cooper currently serves as Chief of Staff to Ambassador Bill
Richardson, the U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations and a member of
President Clinton's Cabinet.

In addition to working with a staff of 150 U.S. Mission employees to the
United Nations, both in New York and Washington, Ms. Cooper serves as the
Ambassador's primary liaison to the White House and Congress.

Due to her busy schedule as Chief of Staff, Ms. Cooper lives in Washington,
DC, and splits her time between her office in New York at the U.S. Mission
to the United Nations and the Mission's State Department office in
Washington.

Ms. Cooper gladly tells anyone who asks that the Washington Semester
Program got her started on her career path, "Every job I've ever had was a
direct result of the internship I did through the Washington Semester
Program. It was an excellent hands-on experience, and I recommend it to
anyone."

62 Posted on 07/12/2001 07:35:10 PDT by Dixie Mom

MORE: http://www.freerepublic.com/forum/a3b4d65ea0cce.htm#1

                      Kadosh, Kadosh, Kadosh, YHVH, TZEVAOT

          FROM THE DESK OF:

                    *Michael Spitzer*    <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>