-Caveat Lector-

What You Can Do:
  Fill in the form below to send a petition to your U.S. Representative.

http://www.endselectiveservice.org/

Fight against the reinstatement of the Draft!

Friends: Late last year, Rep. Nick Smith, (R-MI) has introduced a bill, H.R.
3598, which calls for the reinstatement of the draft. This bill must be
stopped; we ask you to sign our petition against its passage. We believe that
the government has no claim on your life, and certainly no right to force you
to fight in a war. The draft is immoral and - given the
high-tech/low-manpower nature of modern warfare requiring few but highly
skilled soldiers, completely unnecessary for national defense.

Rep. Smith’s bill to reinstate the draft flies in the face of liberty, and
all freedom-loving Americans should feel threatened by it. National
emergencies are the number one excuse for restricting liberty, but remember
the famous words of Benjamin Franklin; “They that can give up essential
liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor
safety.” Liberty is more than an abstract principle; it is a cause that must
be fought for every day, in times of peace and in times of war.

Accordingly, we oppose the adoption of Rep. Nick Smith's bill, HR 3598, to
reinstate the draft.

What You Can Do:
  Fill in the form below to send a petition to your U.S. Representative.

screeds are unwelcomed. Substancenot soap-boxingplease!  These are
sordid matters and 'conspiracy theory'with its many half-truths, mis-
directions and outright fraudsis used politically by different groups with