[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

<< Blimey!! I had a look have you seen what they say about women and their
periods? Its truly horrific! It seems to me that Islam was made for men to
subjugate women I am not for womens liberation in the western image but these
poor women are positively imprisoned! I live on an Island down on the south
west coast.It is so difficult to not be biased against this religion and the
fanatics who blow themselves up.
 Gosh I dont know I think maybe national front is not the way forward but
maybe if they (the politicians)see public opinion switching to the BNP it
might wake them up a bit. >>

You need to keep studying.  If you read the various laws in the Christian
Bible, the Koran, and I don't know where it is specified, but I know that
there are many, many laws for Jews and Jewish women.  Take a careful view of
any religion, and you will discover just why the distinct separation of
church and state is preferable.  If you give any of them the upper hand, the
result is horrific.  The most fundamental are the most horrific.  It hasn't
been many years since Christians were made most uncomfortable right here in
the United States, and recently a Lutheran girl in school in the south
somewhere was made to feel truly alien, because everyone else in her school
were Southern Baptist.   An early ancestor of my husband (very religious of
course) charged someone with blasphemy.I don't know what the outcome was, but
there would have been serious punishment.  It wasn't so long ago that the
Spanish Inquisition taught a lot of poor wretches the true meaning of
Christianity.  Be thankful we live in saner times, but don't think that Islam
is the only faith that has a few words to say about women that can make you
squirm.  Nearly every faith has found a way to smash the ego and importance
of women.  I particularly like the one the "Promise Keepers" espouse.  "Women
should submit graciously."  SURE I WILL.  Prudy