Bit slow off the mark on this one, but it has come to my
attention that the ACPO Use of Firearms committee has
adopted a policy that police forces should destroy all
surplus firearms rather than selling them off - I have no
idea why, it is truly a bizarre waste of taxpayer's
money.

Fortunately it is not legally enforceable but several
forces seem to be following it.

Presumably the theory is that criminals might get their
hands on them, so we can assume the police will no longer
sell off their police cars in case crooks use those for
a getaway, or their helicopters in case they use them
to escape from prison, etc.

It's also a rather strong commentary on what the police
think of those in the gun trade and licensed firearm
users.

List admin: [EMAIL PROTECTED]