From:   "E.J. Totty", [EMAIL PROTECTED]

>Moral of the story:  why let truth get in the way of a good rumour!
>
>Oh, and as I'm not new in the job (or anywhere else I suppose!) then I must
>be in a lowly position....so I can't know what I'm talking about......or
>else I am corrupt!  Now that what I call a no win situation. <g>
>
>IG
>
>PS Please excuse the sarcasm. The original post wasn't worth anything else.

        Steve, & IG,

        Interesting.
        But then, what did these people expect when a whole class
of citizens were pushed into a corner? What kind of attitudes did they
expect to develop?
        Historians of the future will, no doubt, view this aspect of our
respective cultures as a particularly xenophobic epic.
        And make no mistake about it, we share a common bond in the
regards that our subculture is under attack for no reason at all save a
thinly veiled concern for 'the children'. Governments do not disarm
their citizens for no reason. I need not reiterate history.
        The people who made the comments that IG is witness to, are
extreme bigots; and if they occupy any office of government, they are
particularly dangerous as well. I wonder: would they be able to defend
them in an open law court?

ET
--
It's always the old "one bad apple" reaction, just like
what happened to us after Dunblane.  There are bent coppers

List admin: [EMAIL PROTECTED]