From:   "niel fagan", [EMAIL PROTECTED]

>  > Picture a British subject walking down the street and witnessing
> > a horrible accident.  He rushes over and tries bravely to try
> > and free the victim before the car bursts into flame.  A stout
> > knife would enable him to cut the seat belt but he has none.
>
>I can see where you are coming from but these aren't
>very good examples. Set belts have little red buttons to
>push to release them
Which often won't release, of course my "rescue" knife, made only for rescue
personnel is illegal for me to carry "off-duty", 4 inch locking blade,
heavily serated AND blunt bull-nosed (to reduce the risk of penetrating an
acident victim)...
And I have a "duty of care" to stop and offer assistance off duty, as all
trained ambulance (and fire) personel do.

Stupid laws, for stupid people?

Niel, Still EMT 1 qualified.

List admin: [EMAIL PROTECTED]