So, have you ever done anything on the net before? "ppl" is chat shorthand
for people. Come on. Get into the 21st.

-----Original Message-----
From: David Marshall [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, June 12, 2000 5:35 PM
To: Kurth Bemis
Cc: Daniel; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: jolly roger

Kurth Bemis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> At 11:04 PM 6/11/2000 -0400, Daniel wrote:
>
> hrm....it seems that whenever i see something about privacy or free
> speech kiddies always bring up this anarchist shit.  Is it me or do
> other ppl notice this also.?

What is "ppl," anyway? People of the Proletariat?

Anarchy is attractive to soem people because they figure that they
would occupy a fairly high position on the hierarchy of force. They
dislike any form of authority. For an example of how an anarchist
society would be with these people in it, go to a big city public high
school, quantity the abuse, violence, and idiocy that you see, and
raise it to the fourth power.

Anarchist theory doesn't necessarily require any kind of hierarchy of
force, or, as Heinlein put it, "violence: the supreme power from which
all other powers are derived," but I seriously doubt that the
anarchist kiddies who are trying to be "elite" (or 31337, if you
prefer) and "cool." They'd like a system where if they don't like the
guy across the room for no particular reason, they can go beat his
face in anyway.

Libertarian ideals are something altogether different as are, I would
assume, the more refined anarchist ideals.

As for the Anarchist's Cookbook, half the things in there are more
likely to get you killed than to work as intended. You can't expect to
go mixing chemicals and be safe, even if you have good instructions,
if you don't know anything about the underlying chemicals.

The people asking for bomb instructions and such don't make an attempt
to use proper English grammar. I doubt that they would be willing to
put forth the effort to learn proper procedures for handling chemicals.