At 9:34 PM -0700 8/17/00, Ray Dillinger wrote:
>On Thu, 17 Aug 2000, Tim May wrote:
>
><lots of stuff I won't bother repeating>
>
>Ya know, Tim, I remember reading you years ago when I was on
>cypherpunks the first time.  I used to think you were an anarchist,
>individualist, libertarian -- and that's still the most consistent
>thread in your posts.  But over the few weeks I've been back it's
>become clear to me that the most important thing to you now is
>giving offense.
>
>Why? What changed? Why does it matter if some chowderhead believes
>in gun control?  Why was it worth your effort to flame this guy?

If you don't like my stuff, don't read it. And, by the way, read the
archives from 1992-6 or so and you will find very similar stuff. Ask
Bob Hettinga, who used to practice this same kind of "why can't you
write the kind of articles I _like_!" pressuring, if I am writing
much more differently.

And ask Lawrence Dettweiler and simlar nitwits of the mid-90s if I
have gotten more abrasive.

If you are basing judgements on the "over the few weeks I've been
back," you're obviously just another fool.

--Tim May
"Cyphernomicon"             | black markets, collapse of governments.