--
On 1 Mar 2003 at 11:25, Eric Cordian wrote:
> FOX recently fired two reporters after they refused to change
> the facts of a news story.  Fox said to them, "We paid $13
> billion for these stations, and we'll tell you what the news
> is."
>
> In a unanimous decision, the 2nd District Court of Appeals
> overturned a $425,000 jury award to another FOX reporter who
> was fired after refusing to alter the facts of a story.  THe
> judge ruled FOX had a right to lie, deceive, and mislead.
>
> MSNBC just fired Phil Donahue after a marketing report
> outlined a "nightmare scenario" in which MSNBC was perceived
> as giving a forum to anti-war sentiment while all other
> networks were engaged in patriotic flag-waving.

You are making all this crap up.  For example Donahue was fired
because few were watching him sneer at them.   Liberals cannot
succeed in talk shows because they hate and despise their
audience.  He was getting about one quarter the audience of the
competion.   The nightmare scenario that MSNBC was so alarmed
by was that no one was watching him vomit hatred over his
audience.

Much the same for all your other stories

> When CNN tried to cover the Palestinian side of the Mideast
> Conflict, Israel threatened to drop CNN and pick up FOX
> instead.  CNN caved instantly.  All CNN copy is now required
> to be reviewed by upper management in Atlanta before
> broadcast, and anything that isn't pro-Israel is killed.

Funny.  Some time ago I saw some Israelis murder a Palestinian
kid on numerous stations, Fox among them.

Channel surfing last night I saw bits of a long boring
documentary where the camera followed various Palestinians
around in their daily lives, depicting the distressing effect
on the Palestinians of various Israeli collective punishments.
Not sure what station it was on.  Terribly earnest public good
stuff.

 Sure the press is biased, but there is plenty of stuff that is
 very far from pro Israel, even on channels that are openly pro
 Israel, such as Fox.

    --digsig
         James A. Donald
     mmaHCD9F1B++2Aq7X7ytnGlqgDM6kFzF3Ua7X2Ke
     4bHENQyj656gmwUnwj85NQSorfvZ2KiZtsroyXrdv