(Please include header and footer when redistributing this material.)

                 THE DAFYOMI DISCUSSION LIST

      brought to you by Kollel Iyun Hadaf of Yerushalayim
             Rosh Kollel: Rabbi Mordecai Kornfeld
                      [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Re: Ta'anis 008: Praying for more than one thing

Gedaliah asked:
>>It is my understanding that one can add both a prayer for forgiveness and for
>>livelihood in the daily shema-kolenu, which fits well with the explanation
>>given, but in my yom kippur machzor, for example, the kedushah of mussaf says
>>we can insert ONLY ONE personal prayer for EITHER sustenance, divine
>>inspiration, OR righteous children. Why only one prayer here?

The Kollel replied:
>>I have been unable to find the reference you mention in the Yom Kipur
>>Machzorim that one should not insert more than one personal prayer, and I
>>would be grateful if you could let me know in which Machzor this is cited.

-------------------

M. Deutsch comments:

i believe gedaliah is referring to many machzorim when the chazon says the word
"ayeh" in kedusah there is a note saying that a person could b mispallel 4 1 of
these 3 things

elozer kanner similarly adds:

in nusach sefard keddusah of musaf on r"h & y"k during the chazzans saying
"ahyea" one can choose one and only one of three tefilahs: children,parnasah,
ruach hakodesh

elozer kanner

The *D*AFYOMI *A*DVANCEMENT *F*ORUM, brought to you by Kollel Iyun Hadaf
Write to us at [EMAIL PROTECTED] or visit us at http://www.dafyomi.co.il
Fax(US):(206) 202-0323; Fax(Isr): (02) 591-6024; Tel(Isr): (02) 651-5004