I think it was disabled in the config though, just built with avahi
support, unless that changed. The gutsy backports will be pretty lame,
a few dep changes thats about it, were trying to keep most packaging
dev in debian now, so were consolidated, problem is debian is just a
_tad_ bit stricter about packaging rules etc. Anyways, i'll mention
it, if its not gonna be changed in debian we can patch that out for
ubuntu.

-Kevin

On Jan 10, 2008 8:44 AM, D Bera <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > So yeah, the network enabled beagle issue still isn't addressed in
> > hardy, but if we rebuild and provide backports of the gnome stack then
> > I guess its fine. Its all still more or less the same packaging I
> > originally did, which is a little bit of a bummer, I was hoping there
> > would be some awesome means of handling avahi support in a package,
> > but I guess not..
>
> The avahi/networking part is not yet moved to its own assembly, so
> packaging it separately is not an option right now. The debian
> packages have avahi enabled by default. But I strongly recommend
> _against_ doing that for normal users - just for one reason, it has
> not received enough testing to say it works. Also, it could have
> security issues and other unforeseen problems.
>

> - dBera
>
> --

Cheers,
Kevin Kubasik