On Sat, 16 Apr 2011, DAZ wrote:

Hi,

The docs say the following date types are available:

 DateTime, Date, Time

I have always just used DateTime, but would actually like to work in
seconds and therefore use a Time object.

Is there any difference in the background in using Time as a type?

e.g.:

 property :created_at,   Time, :default =>  proc { |m,p| Time.now}

cheers,

DAZ

The differences lie in the Ruby types you'll be working with, as the types correspond with Ruby date and time classes. I suggest you have a look at their documentation and judge by yourself.

As far as I'm concerned, DateTime has support for timezones and some other fancy things, while both Date and Time are a little "simpler". Depends on your needs. I usually just use Date or Time.