On 1 July 2013 10:16, Venkata Pingali <ping...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I broadly agree. Technology is the easy part. I would think in terms
> of "architecture of coordination". Let me comment on one related
> aspect.
>
> "Finally, there is the question of what incentive there is for
>     third-party developers to build such an API?"
>
> Surprisingly enough, it doesnt have to be very high. The process has to be
> efficient. If it requires too much of mental and process context switch, it
> gets difficult. People like me are not in school anymore.
[...]

Not sure what you mean by this response. "The process"
of what?

A third possibility exists besides the two that I mentioned
in my earlier message: That of having an open-source
group that does this, where the incentive for doing the
development for free is recognition. However, the hosting
costs will still be high. My opinion also is that given the
current strength and abilities of open-source communities
in India, even development in this manner will be very
difficult.

Regards,
Gora

--