Hi all,
We are happy to announce that ml-india.org has launched *Data Angels
<http://ml-india.org/data-angels/>* – angel investors and advisors for the
most innovative machine learning led companies from India. These angels
have expertise in machine learning and/or experience in building successful
technology companies.

Our angels:

   - Varun Aggarwal <https://in.linkedin.com/in/varunaggarwal2>, Founder and
   CTO, Aspiring Minds
   - Manish Gupta <http://www.xrci.xerox.com/profile-main/113/>, Director,
   Xerox Research India
   - Akshay Kothari <http://www.linkedin.com/in/akothari>, Head, Linkedin
   India
   - Una-May O’Reilly <http://people.csail.mit.edu/unamay/>, Principal
   Research Scientist, MIT, USA
   - K <http://www.linkedin.com/in/kunalshah1>unal Shah
   <http://www.linkedin.com/in/kunalshah1>, Founder & Chairman, Freecharge,
   India
   - Lav Varshney <http://varshney.web.engr.illinois.edu/>, Assistant
   Professor, UIUC, USA

In the list of the world’s 50 smartest companies
<https://www.technologyreview.com/lists/companies/2016/> by MIT Technology
review, there are 5 from China, 3 from Japan, 2 from Israel, 6 from Europe
and one each from South Korea and Nigeria and the rest from the United
States. India draws a blank. This needs to change. There is hardly any
company from India with worldwide respect for its innovative product or
technology. (Read more here
<http://ml-india.org/data-angels-building-smartest-companies-in-india/>.)

We need to build smart companies in India which are highly innovative,
technology driven and develop products with no substitutes across the
world. We have a huge opportunity to build companies which use machine
learning and data science at its core. We hope Data Angels will catalyze
the data science ecosystem in India by helping budding data science
entrepreneurs in building smart and successful technology companies.

Got a great idea that uses data science at its core? Apply now!
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSf1clg_H5UGZPpZUEumvzXlArWGb4Jgiz7Zqs-3q_wasbpKCg/viewform?c=0&w=1>

for latest updates.

Thanks
Nishank Varshney

*Research blog <http://research.aspiringminds.com/>*: Learn more about what
we do
*ASSESS 2015* <http://aspiringminds.com/assess/2015>: Our annual
international workshop on data-driven assessments
*Data science for kids* <http://datasciencekids.org/>: Our fun initiative
to teach kids data science