> And One Post office can serve multiple pincodes (I've heard this from
>> Employees of the Postal Department, but haven't found an example of it)
>>
> This is quite odd. Would be good to confirm this.

I was told by an old Post master,  that certain Government Buildings had
their own Pincodes, and hence the post office which delivered to that
building, as well as the area around that building, delivered post to
multiple pincodes.

This is either a myth, or an historic fact, but I haven't seen any example
of this.

Regards,
Devdatta

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/datameet/CAOQOUMtZr6yz%3DrZ1L36bPMrsZmRy1U137XVK0JBoPzHzv1C0fA%40mail.gmail.com.