Hi all,

I am porting Montavista linux on to TMS320DM6443 based custom board.
I am using CCS to load and run the kernel binary vmlinux directly on the
processor. Hence not using any UBL.

I have made a change in the arch/arm/Makefile:

Changed textaddr-y (=TEXTADDR) from 0xC0008000 to 0x80008000 to suit the board
memory map of DDR2 which starts at 0x80000000 for 0x10000000 length. (It is
specified so in GEL file)

Now I load the kernel image, vmlinux, onto the board thru CCS connected to
board via XDS560R USB emulator.

The disassembly seen in the CCS is different from that seen by disassembling
vmlinux using arm_v5t_le-objdump provided by montavista.

The initial part of the code is same (say from 0x80008000 to 0x80008034) but
later the opcodes are entirely different . However the symbol addresses are ok.

Due to this there is a jump to 0x80007BDC (BL 0x80007BDC) which is not a valid
code page since my TEXTADDR starts from 0x80008000.Hence there is a Undefined
instruction exception and on the console there is just BOTME BOOTME message
infinitely.

Can anybody suggest what is the problem ?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Regards,
Sriram

Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to
success when they gave up…….