        From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Ben White
        Sent: Monday, November 05, 2007 7:07 AM
        To: davinci-linux-open-source@linux.davincidsp.com
        Subject: Memory_contigAlloc - how to configure for DSP-only CE
app

        Hi,

        I have a codec engine app, that runs DSP-side only. I am using
the Memory_contigAlloc function to allocate some memory in my DSP-side
client app.

        This works fine for small amounts of memory, but when I try to
allocate a frame's worth (720x576x2 - PAL here folks!) it fails.
Presumably this is because there isn't enough memory.

        I can't find out where this is configured in the DSP-side only
scenario. In the dual-CPU configuration, the loadmodules.sh specifies
this data to the CMEMk.ko module. As we don't use this for DSP-side only
apps, where can I configure the settings for the Memory_contigAlloc?

        Thanks!

        Ben