        From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Joshua Hintze
        Sent: Thursday, February 07, 2008 8:58 AM
        To: davinci-linux-open-source@linux.davincidsp.com
        Subject: Compiling Targets and Codecs

        Hello,

        I am running with the DM6446 processor and something that I have
not yet figured out is the compiling targets when working with the codec
engine. What I mean is if I want to have the codec running on the DSP
and the executable running on the ARM do I need to produce two different
libraries for the codec?

        It seems the app likes to link with .a470MV. However if I turn
off the MVArm9 build target in user.bld this file no longer gets
generated.

        My questions are, can I get the linux side app to link with
.a64P? The reason why I only want to generate the .a64P is because I
have a lot of cl6x (DSP) only code in my codec, that takes advantage of
DSP optimizations and the arm compiler chokes on that when compiling the
codec.

        I noticed in the linux app makefile there is an XDCTARGET that
is set to XDCTARGET = gnu.targets.MVArm9. I tried gnu.targets.C64P with
no luck.

        Thanks,

        Josh