From: Ring, Chris [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, March 10, 2008 11:16 PM
To: Viraj Karandikar; davinci-linux-open-source@linux.davincidsp.com
Subject: RE: Error "Remote node creation FAILED " for multithreaded
application & combo server

I don't suspect this to be a Link error as a fork on this thread is
chasing.

More likely, it's a mis-configured server.cfg script.  As a simple
example, consider the following:

   * codec A and codec B share internal scratch memory

   * codec A needs 40k, codec B needs 50k

   * codec A and B are placed into scratch group 0

   * there is 64k configured for internal memory

The server.cfg script _should_ configure 50k (the max for all codecs)
into scratch group 0.  However, if the server.cfg script only configured
40k...

   * If codec A is created first, 40k (max of configured mem - 40k - and
requested mem - 40k) will be allocated.  When codec B is created,
there's not enough memory in scratch (only 40k was allocated), so the
creation of alg B may fail.

   * If codec B is created first, 50k (max of configured mem - 40k - and
requested mem - 50k) will be allocated.  Creating codec A later will
succeed.

[ That's a simple example, but the same concept applies to DMA and other
resources as well. ]

These can get a bit tricky - I might suggest you open a ticket with TI's
software support so they can help dig in a bit more.

Unfortunately, CE 1.02 had little tracing support for getting further
insight into these complex codec resources requests.  CE 2.00 and later
have much better tracing support for these things, if you have the
flexibility to upgrade.

Chris