Thank you Sneha, that cleared up some confusion for me about the V4L2 driver vs davincifb driver.

The bootargs you listed are the ones I started with, copied from sprue66d. I still got the same "Decode Error: Failed ioctl FBIOPUT_VSCREENINFO" with those bootargs. I later changed the bootargs to the 720x480 size, but this does not seem to affect the problem I'm having.

Yes, I'm using DVSDK 1.30.00.40, no modifications to any code, and I'm simply trying to get the demos to run. Like I said earlier in the thread, the only difference I could find in my setup is the version of uBoot. I have uBoot 1.1.3 working, but uBoot 1.2 does not seem to run on my DM6446 EVM. I find it hard to understand how uBoot could have an effect like that, but that's where I stand right now.

Does anyone know how to tell from the device/date code marked on the davinci chip if it is an alpha, beta, gamma, or delta version? That doesn't seem to be documented. I'm wondering if I have an older chip that has compatibility issues.

Regards,
-Vim