From: Stephen Berry [mailto:s...@i-d-2.com]
Sent: Thursday, February 26, 2009 9:56 AM
To: Ring, Chris
Cc: davinci-linux-open-source@linux.davincidsp.com
Subject: Re: using extended params for MPEG4 encoding

Ring, Chris wrote:

Quick one... this comment may not be right:

I would be more than happy to use VIDENC1_create - but it
takes a param
structure of VIDENC1_Params - which doesn't support the extended
arguments that I'm trying to change.

So long as the extended fields are _scalars_ (e.g. not pointers), and the first
.size field is correctly set, the VISA APIs (e.g. VIDENC1_create()) _do_
support extended create param structs.

This is described a little bit here, though the focus is on extending process()
and control():
http://wiki.davincidsp.com/index.php?title=Extending_data_structures_in_xDM

Chris

Silly me - I was reading the header files for the VIDENC1_create proto - it
never mentioned you could pass it any other structure type.

Anyway - I passed it the extended params and remarkably it didn't blow up! Now
I have more knobs to tweek.

Thanks!

     Steve