Peace.  Speaking just for me (not necessarily TI), I'm ok with that.

I like Rob/David's suggestion of adding
request_mem_region()/release_mem_region() calls.  CMEM added this recently too,
so at least we'd get a nice error msg rather than have them stomp on each other.

Assuming this SRAM allocator gets pushed then, can we talk through what happens
when the audio driver (or any other driver!) requests this SRAM and either no
SRAM is available, or this SRAM allocator isn't configured into the kernel?

Do we lose the audio driver support?  Does the audio driver need to plan ahead
and have a mode where it doesn't use this SRAM?