2010/7/26 Tim Bunce <tim.bu...@pobox.com>:

>> >I'd be happy to see the single Bundle refactored into multiple bundles.
>>
>> Refactor? It looks to me as the module Bundle::DBI should be extracted
>> into an own distribution and a new distribution for Bundle::DBD::DBM
>> should be created.
>>
>> The targetted goal of my proposal is to enable users of CPAN to install
>> DBI and required modules with one command (install Bundle::DBI), or if
>> the don't need the entire bundle, just the bundle they need
>> (Bundle::DBD::DBM or Bundle::DBD::Proxy).

>> >I'm not so sure about generating multiple dists. Let's do the refactor
>> >first and then discuss dists after that.
>>
>> Well, I was talking about multiple dists in the first shot ...
>>
>> Do you see any advantage of having Bundle::* modules in the DBI
>> distribution?
>
> I don't see much point in having bundles outside the DBI dist for
> module dependencies that are primarily defined by modules in the DBI dist.
>
> The two examples you've given seem like they should live in the DBI dist.
>
> Tim.

After I couldn't explain what I really mean, probably uploaded examples
will demonstrate. I've uploaded a dependency-stripped down version of
SQL::Statement, a Bundle::Test::SQL::Statement and a Bundle::DBD::DBM.

Of course, I can remove any of them on a quick shout, but I ask you
to take a look and tell me your opinions.

Best regards,
Jens